Terms & Conditions
Please find below a list of our current terms and conditions:
- The participation of you, your child or those in whose care you have placed your child for the purpose of attending or watching swimming classes is done so entirely at your own risk.
- Mini Swimming will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury whilst parking, transferring to the pool or on pool premises.
- All medical and behavioural conditions have been disclosed to Mini Swimming for the purpose of attending swimming classes. Should you or your child have any existing medical conditions, Mini Swimming expect that you have sought the advice and permission form a healthcare professional as we are not medically qualified to comment on whether swimming is or isn't advisable.
- The recommendations, ideas and techniques expressed and described in Mini Swimming classes cannot be regarded as a substitute for the advice of qualified medical practitioners. Any uses to which the recommendations, ideas and techniques are put are solely at your discretion and risk.
- Unless you have opted out, Mini Swimming has the right to take photos in lessons which may later be used for Marketing purposes.
- Mini Swimming reserve the right to ask a child that is disruptive to leave the class and a refund may or may not be given.
- All outdoor shoes must be removed before you enter the changing rooms.
- Please ensure all jewellery is removed before entering the pool.
- Mini Swimming reserve the right to refuse admission to the pool without the appropriate swimwear. All babies and not toilet trained children must wear a double nappy system consisting of a disposable inner (Huggies or supermarket's own disposable swim nappy) with a Happy Nappy over the top. Happy Nappies are marketed by Splashabout and can be bought online, in some baby shops and poolside.
- All disposable nappies should be disposed of in the nappy bins provided.
- Following sickness or diarrhoea, your child must be clear of symptoms for 48 hours prior to attendance at class.
- If you are unable to attend for any reason, the fee for that class or classes will not be refunded. We do however offer make-up classes for missed lessons, please see below for our detailed policy regarding make-up classes.
- In the event of an unforeseen circumstance such as a heating failure that results in the class being cancelled, Mini Swimming will endeavour to offer parents another class but no refunds will be given.
- Places will not be reserved without full payment.
- The responsibility for all swimming with your child outside of Mini Swimming classes is borne by you and not Mini Swimming.
- Mini Swimming does not take any responsibility for any practices described or shown in any books or videos.
- Unless you have opted out of this, Mini Swimming will assume you are happy to be contacted with newsletters, information on underwater photo shoots and other offers. Please be assured that we never disclose your contact details to any third parties.
We need to be informed prior to your absence
If we know that you are away we are then able to use your space to allow someone else to book in for their makeup class. This is what allows us to offer this flexibility.
In the case of sickness, please can you advise us before 9.00am on the first day, as this then allows us to use this class.
Holiday absence: Please advise us at least 48 hours prior to your time away.
Booking of Makeup sessions
Please can you call us in the office on 01376 340310 (Colchester Admin Office - 9:00 - 13:00 Mon - Friday) or 01376 337 422 (Chelmsford Office - Mon - Fri 9:00 - 5:00), when you wish to arrange a makeup session, as our youngsters have such busy days, we want to find you a suitable session as quickly as we can, rather than 4/5 emails back and forth. Thank you.
Limited to (or the equivalent of) 1 replacement per term of 10 weeks
We offer you 1 make up session for each 10 week block.
Your replacement class needs to be taken within three weeks of your absence
After that point, the replacement session will expire.
Replacement sessions cannot be booked after your booking with us has expired. If you are not re-booking with us you need to use your replacement session before your last class.
Replacement sessions are not designed to allow you to stockpile classes. They are designed to allow you to make up a missed session.
We do our best to always offer every swimmer an option but cannot guarantee the time of day of your choice as they are when there is a space in a class.
Prior to the start of your first class:
If you change your mind and wish to cancel your swimming space with us, please contact the office directly, no less than seven days prior to the start of your first lesson.
Provided we are informed of your intention to cancel prior to the seven days before your first lesson, a refund should be immediately approved.
We will then initiate a refund to your credit/debit card (or original method of payment).
You should then receive the credit within 5 business days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
After the start of your first class:
Once your swimming course has started, unfortunately, we will no longer be able to issue you with a refund. This is due to the limited number of spaces we have in each class. Your booking will have taken up and reserved a space that could have otherwise been sold to another swimmer.
We do, however, offer replacement sessions for classes that are missed. Provided you inform us 48 hours prior to your class that week. Also, under exceptional circumstances, we may be able to agree "freezing" your swimming course with us, for an agreed period of time. This is discretionary and will need to be agreed with the office directly.
Should you have any questions further questions on our refund policy, please feel free to get in touch.
You can use our Contact Page <http://miniswimming.co.uk/contact> or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correct as at March 2018. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any point without prior notice. Any changes will always be displayed on this page.